Welcome to MWKF Promotions
The next testing opportunity will take place at:
2019 MWKF Fall Taikai
Sunday, October 27, 2019
11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Schaumburg Park District Sport Center
1141 W Irving Park Rd
Schaumburg, IL 60193
Registration Due: Registration is closed
Note: Check MUST be delivered on or by 10/4/2019. (WILL NOT go by Postmark date)
In order for the payment to be delivered on time, suggestion is that the check needs to be MAILED OUT at latest by 9/30/2019.
The application process for testing will consist of five (5) step,
- ① Online application form
- Must have your sensei’s approval, before filling out online application (Sensei’s Name and Email is required)
- MWKF Online system will email your Sensei to confirm for approval (Action Required by sensei)
- MWKF Online system will email you application receipt confirmation (This is not approval for taking test)
- ② Make sure upload AUSKF website your current Menjo
- No menjo is needed for currently no rank applicants, however you must have AUSKF ID Number by the application due time
- ③ Email essay (Due 10/4/2019) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ④ Mail out two (2) checks for payments
244 Red Top Dr. Libertyville, IL 60048-3749
- ⑤ MWKF Promotion will notify upon the completion of your entire application process
- All Question will be email@example.com
|Time Line:||Building Door Open:||11:00 a.m.|
|Registration:||11:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.|
|Warm up:||11:00 p.m. to 12:00 p.m.|
|All Examinee||Exam Training:||12:00 p.m. to 12:15 p.m.|
|All Examiner||Examiner Meeting:||12:15 p.m. to 12:25 p.m.|
|Line up:||12:25 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.|
|Start Exam:||12:30 p.m.|
|End Exam:||03:30 p.m.|
|Out of Building:||04:00 p.m.|
|– Standards of Eligibility for Examination|
|– Essay Form|
|– Essay Question|
|– AUSKF Request (Non MWKF Member)|
All registration process is a part of the promotion examination. Completeness of you application will be evaluated and included in the examiner’s evaluation form. Please read all instructions on the website carefully.
Thank you for your attention and cooperation.
We wish you have great exam and result. Do your best and good luck.
Instructions in document form below:
In preparation for upcoming tests, please complete the following items so that you are fully prepared and in compliance when registration opens.
1. You can find the standards of eligibility for examination here. Only applicants in bogu will be tested and you must include your AUSKF number in your application. Where applicable, the kata required will be Nihon Kendo Kata.
2. Please review examples of each test beforehand so you know what the test will be comprised of. Examples can be found below:
Testing for 2 kyu and below:
Testing for 1 kyu and above:
3. If you have received a previous kendo rank, you must upload a copy of your last menjo to the AUSKF database at unitedstateskendo.com. Please click here for instructions on how to upload your menjo to the AUSKF database.
4. Your AUSKF dues must be current for the current year to be eligible to test. While in the database, please check that you are paid in full and if not, complete this payment.
5. If you are testing for 1 kyu and above, you will need to submit an essay. The essay form can be found by clicking here. You can find the instructions for your essay here. Please make sure you submit the form filled out completely with your information and completed answer via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not use the work of others as we maintain a database to detect plagiarism. Cite your sources accurately and completely. In addition, please answer the correct question based on the rank you will be testing for. If you do not use the correct form, the essay will not be accepted. The essay has the same due date as all other testing materials and requirements.
6. You must submit payment in the form of two checks. Please send your checks with enough time to arrive by the due date. The postdate will not suffice for late arrivals. The first check is for your menjo and the second for your exam fee. Both checks may be made out to MWKF or Midwest Kendo Federation and mailed to MWKF treasurer: Bobby Lee, 244 Red Top Dr. Libertyville, IL 60048.
The amount for the menjo fee is as followed:
All kyu ages 17 and under on testing date – $20
All kyu age 18 and above on testing date – $30
1-Dan – $50
2-Dan – $60
3-Dan – $80
4-Dan – $100
The amount for the exam fee is as followed:
Kyu – $15
Dan – $30
7. If you are not a member of the MWKF, but are a member of the AUSKF from another federation, you are welcome to test with us. Please complete this form and submit to email@example.com with your application materials.
8. If you have previously passed the first portion of a test and need to complete the kata portion, please send your kata voucher to firstname.lastname@example.org with your application materials.
9. If you have a medical restriction that will impact your ability, please send your doctor restriction letter to email@example.com with your application materials.
After all of these items have been completed, you will receive a confirmation email within two weeks of the testing date. If there are any parts of your application that are incomplete or if you ineligible, you will receive an email as soon as possible during the review period. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions at any time.
Thank you for your attention and assistance in this process. We wish everyone the best of luck in your future promotion examinations.