Welcome to MWKF Promotions!
The next testing opportunity will take place at:
2019 MWKF Summer Camp in St Louis, Missouri
Sunday, July 28, 2019
Simon Recreation Center
St. Louis University
3639 Laclede Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63108
Check-in and set up: 12:30 – 1:00 PM
Meeting with all examiners: 1:00 PM
Meeting with all examinees: 1:10 PM
Last call for check in: 1:15 PM
Test begins: 1:30 PM
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT DUE:
June 30, 2019 at 11:59 PM CST
Please mail your checks with sufficient time to arrive by this date.
Please follow these instructions, as doing so is considered part of your examination. You can find the standards of eligibility for examination here. Only applicants in bogu will be tested and you must include your AUSKF number in your application.
1. Please apply online via this link.
This form will collect your information, your sensei’s information, and provide resources for your test.
2. Your sensei must approve of your application to test. You will enter your sensei’s email address and they will receive an email to approve. Your sensei must respond affirmatively to this email, so please make sure they know to watch for it and to respond promptly.
3. If you have received a previous kendo rank, you must upload a copy of your last menjo to the AUSKF database at unitedstateskendo.com. Please click here for instructions on how to login and ensure your name is correct in the AUSKF database.
4. Your AUSKF dues must be current for the 2019-2020 year to be eligible to test. While in the database, please check that you are paid in full and if not, complete this payment.
5. If you are testing for 1 kyu and above, you will need to submit an essay. The essay form can be found by clicking here. You can find the instructions for your essay here. Please make sure you submit the form filled out completely with your information and answers to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not use the work of others as it will appear in our database. In addition, please answer the correct question based on your rank. You will receive a confirmation email when you essay has been reviewed and approved.
6. You must submit payment in the form of two checks. The registration must be complete and the checks received by June 30, 2019. Please send your checks with enough time to arrive by this date. The postdate will not suffice for late arrivals. The first check is for your menjo and the second for your exam fee. Both checks may be made out to MWKF or Midwest Kendo Federation and mailed to MWKF treasurer Bobby Lee, 244 Red Top Dr. Libertyville, IL 60048.
The amount for the menjo fee is as followed:
All kyu ages 17 and under on testing date – $20
All kyu age 18 and above on testing date – $30
1-Dan – $50
2-Dan – $60
3-Dan – $80
4-Dan – $100
The amount for the exam fee is as followed:
Kyu – $15
Dan – $30
7. If you are not a member of the MWKF, but are a member of the AUSKF from another federation, you are welcome to test with us. Please complete this form and submit to email@example.com.
8. If you have previously passed the first portion of a test and need to complete the kata portion, please send your kata voucher to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. If you have a medical restriction that will impact your ability, please send your doctor restriction letter to email@example.com.
After all of these items have been completed, you will receive a confirmation email within two weeks of the testing date. If there are any parts of your application that are incomplete or if you ineligible, you will receive an email as soon as possible during the review period. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
For examples of a test, please review these resources:
Thank you for your attention and assistance in creating a smooth and successful promotion event. We wish everyone the best of luck!